CENTRO PARKING PTY LTD
PARKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. By entering this Car Park, you enter into a contract with Centro Parking Pty Limited ACN 159 830 476 on the following terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, you must immediately leave this Car Park. There will be no charge if you leave without any delay.
2. In these terms and conditions, “We’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ mean Centro Parking Pty Limited and its employees, agents and independent contractors; ‘you’ includes your licensees and persons authorised expressly or impliedly to act on your behalf, and 'your vehicle' means a motor vehicle driven, or intended to be driven, by you into this Car Park or parked in this Car Park.
3. You enter and use this Car Park at your own risk.
4. We may refuse entry to this Car Park to your vehicle or any person.
5. You must comply with all rules and directions displayed within the Car Park and any directions and requests given to you by our staff. You must not cause any obstruction or disturbance.
6. You must retain the parking ticket issued to you upon entry to this Car Park and pay the parking fee set by us from time to time. A parking fee is payable each time your vehicle enters this Car Park, and must be paid before you exit this Car Park.
7. We may prevent the exit of your vehicle from this Car Park until the applicable parking fee is paid in which event we are not liable for any injury, damage or loss which may result.
8. You may have access to or remove your vehicle from this Car Park only during the permitted hours displayed in this Car Park.
9. You may only park in an area marked “Reserved” if you are authorized to park in that area by a written agreement between you and us or if you are expressly authorised by our staff to do so.
10. You agree to indemnify us in respect of (a) any claim made against us and (b) any losses or expenses incurred by us, which arise in any way from or in connection with the use of this Car Park by you or your vehicle including without limitation any damage to any part of this Car Park or any equipment or other facilities in this Car Park or any death or injury of any person.
11. We are not liable to you (or any passengers in your vehicle, or any other party) for any loss or damage that you or your vehicle may suffer, or for any loss of or damage to any property or person whilst in this Car Park, unless the loss or damage is caused by, and only to the extent of, our wilful misconduct, negligence, or breach of a statutory duty or warranty.
12. Our liability to you is excluded or limited by some of these terms and conditions but if applicable law (including the Australian Consumer Law) restricts or prohibits that exclusion or limitation of liability, then that exclusion or limitation will not apply or will apply only to the extent permitted by law.
13. If any warranties or conditions are implied into this contract by the Australian Consumer Law or other legislation, our liability for any breach of such warranty or condition will be limited, to the extent permitted by law, to the supply of the services again or the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
14. To the extent permitted by law we are not liable to you for any incidental, indirect, special, consequential or economic loss or damage (including loss of opportunity, exemplary or punitive damages) whether to person or property including your vehicle and whether arising from default, negligence, misconduct or otherwise by us.
15. You agree to produce to us, when requested by us, your parking ticket or proof of payment of the applicable parking fee.
16. We have a general lien over, and the right to retain, your vehicle as security for any money which you owe us.
17. In addition to ensuring that the applicable parking fee is paid, we have the right to retain your vehicle until we are provided with a valid parking ticket and/or satisfactory evidence of ownership of or entitlement to your vehicle. If your vehicle is delivered to anyone in accordance with this clause, we will not be liable to you even if the person taking your vehicle does not have your authority.
18. We have the right, at our discretion, to move your vehicle (including moving it to any location outside this Car Park), even if your vehicle is locked. If we move your vehicle, these terms and conditions continue to apply. We are not liable for any damage caused to your vehicle when we move it.
19. Unless you have a written agreement with us to park long-term at this Car Park, if your vehicle is left in this Car Park for a continuous period of 7 days or more:
19.1 all parking fees payable in respect of your vehicle for the entire period of your parking become due and payable as from the 7th day;
19.2 parking fees will continue to accrue until all accrued fees are paid and your vehicle is moved from this Car Park; and
19.3 you must pay interest on the amount overdue at the rate of 6% per annum, calculated on a daily basis.
20. If you fail to pay us all parking fees which are due and payable, we may sell your vehicle to recover all moneys owing to us by you including all accrued parking fees and accrued interest and all expenses of moving, selling or otherwise dealing with your vehicle. When selling your vehicle, we may proceed in such manner as we think fit in our absolute discretion.
21. These terms and conditions apply in addition to other terms and conditions that may be displayed at this Car Park from time to time but if there is any inconsistency, these terms and conditions prevail to the extent of the inconsistency. Our staff at this Car Park have no authority to vary or waive any of these terms and conditions.
22. If any of these terms and conditions are void or unenforceable, the offending part will be disregarded and will not affect the remaining part.
Last Updated: 19 December 2019